Will This Bring About a Radical Change in the World?

I’ve recently arrived in Manizales, Colombia. Every morning, I wake up to the most spectacular view of the mountains, reminding me of the abundance of nature all around us!

With everything that’s happening in the world today, I thought I’d get up close and personal with you live from my apartment. You see, this view has gotten me to ponder over the fact that despite all this abundance, as human beings, we continue to live with the many problems of the world.

As I share what I have learned from an eight year old girl’s action, let’s explore together if this could actually be the ONE thing to bring about a radical change in the world.

After you’ve watched, I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments.

• Facebook
This entry was posted in Cleansing Your Beliefs and tagged .

16 Responses to Will This Bring About a Radical Change in the World?

1. Chas says:

I cannot add much to the various comments that have already been made by your readers. Small actions can have a rippling effect on the world. It is good to have some honey to balance out so much bitterness we see in the world today. Thank you for sharing this story. I will be sharing this on beBee.com. Thanks again.

• Antonia says:

Hi Chas,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. It’s always a pleasure to read your comments!

2. Alfredo Briones Mendoza says:

Los pequeños detalles de la vida, aquello que no esta programado y que nos permiten llegar de un lugar a otro, de un punto a otro, de un inicio a un fin, los podemos recorrer sin prisa, disfrutándolos y pensando en la posibilidad de que a través de ellos (no necesariamente de nuestras metas alcanzadas) es como podemos mostrar nuestros valores y la posibilidad de ser relevantes para los demás y por ende, para nosotros mismos. La oportunidad está a cada momento y de esos pequeños detalles hacemos un mundo mejor…

3. Carole says:

What a beautiful story, Antonia!

We all needed to hear this now. If all take responsibility to show kindness to each other without wanting something in return, it would bring a radical change.

• Antonia says:

Hi Carole,

Absolutely! Thank you for this reminder. You speak of a deep human responsibility towards each other in all circumstances. We can not just wish for kindness, it comes from within.

4. Abdel says:

We would think that after all that has happened in the past, we would know better today. We are just repeating the same mistakes. Of course this little girl’s action would bring a radical change! I hope after everyone has listened to this story, it has touched them to go out and put into action.

• Antonia says:

So true Abdel!

Although all the progress of today’s technology has it’s benefits, seems like it has destroyed human connection. Yes, this little girl action displayed an powerful act for all of us to follow and make a change happen.

5. Nick says:

Beautiful, Magical story!

The most amazing part of this little girl’s action is that she did it regardless of whether or not she would get ‘something back’. In today’s society, we all want something in return for the things we do. The radical change will come when we can all learn from this little girl.

• Antonia says:

Thanks for pointing this out Nick!

This little girl sat in that corner (at the end of the video) for hours a day waiting for food or money. She was rejected many times over. Yet, she did not think twice about reaching out to that woman (a complete stranger).

6. Alba says:

Powerful story! From a little girl!!!! You are truly blessed to have witnessed this divine act of reaching out for another. It would definitely bring a radical change in our world. This story should be shared to everyone. Thank you Antonia!

• Antonia says:

Alba, I did learn so much from Estella (the little girl’s name).

I hope by sharing, she can touch others in the same way she has touched me.

7. Valerie says:

This message couldn’t have come at a better time with the horrible act of violence that took place in Quebec this weekend. This story with this little girl, holds the key, which will change our world. There is no more powerful gesture than one of affection and sharing of love and compassion that will illuminate the hearts and minds, we are all humans and each one needs the other. Beautiful story!

• Antonia says:

Hi Valerie,

I was saddened by this news as well! Prayers to all the families of the victims.

Love and Compassion….truly, deeply from the heart can bring this world around.

8. Enza says:

Absolutely Antonia, hate generates hate and kindness generates kindness, may the good Lord bless us all and teach us how to truly love each other. Thank you for sharing this little girl’s special gift of kindness.

• Antonia says:

Hi Enza,

Yes, we are the world! What we put out creates the world we live in. If we all knew this as FACT, are actions would always be precise without any effort!